If you grew up in Australia you would have encounted the classic, wonderful blessing in life that is a Honey Joy! I was shocked when I moved to England and they didn’t know what they were.
Honey Joys are super simple to make and delicious! They are more common place at a kids party but we also would have them in our lunch box as a snack!
I make them whenever I need a sweet treat, so easy, so quick and oh so sweet! But also something great to make with your kids if you’re stuck for activities this Summer!
So here we go!
WHAT YOU NEED
- This recipe will make 12 large (muffin cases) or 24 smaller (pattie cakes)
- 4 cups of Kellogg’s cornflakes
- 1/3 of a cup of sugar
- 90 grams of butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon of honey
HOW TO MAKE THEM
- Put sugar, butter and honey into a saucepan and melt it on a low heat until it developes into a froth.
- Add the Corn Flakes into the pan and stir in.
- Working quickly whilst the mixture is still hot spoon them into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven at 150c for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling tray.
I also like to add toppers. Chopped up almonds, chocolate chips, sprinkles. Be as imaginative as you like!
And there you have it the perfect, quick and easy sweet treat! ENJOY!