Hosting a breakfast/brunch is one of my favourite things to do and croissants are always a must. If you’ve known me for any length of time you’ll know the Jus Rol croissants pastry is my go to, quick fix that makes you look way fancier than you are.
So in the spirit is Autumn because it’s Fall ya’ll! Just embracing my inner American there! I thought I’d make some super quick and easy apple bite using Jus Rol croissant pastry.
These are all ingredient you probably have in your cupboards and in less than 30mins you’ll have something delicious to serve. I would normally serve these warm so just let them cool for 5mins after taking them out of the oven and they’ll be perfect!
WHAT YOUR GOING TO NEED
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of all spice, and additional all spice (about 1/4 teaspoon) for sprinkling on top. I just used the Tescos all spice which is really yummy but be careful not to over do it!
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8. I left the skin on, you can remove if you like.
- 1 can of Jus Rol croissant pastry.
HOW TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and all spice and put it to one side.
- Melt the butter and toss apple slices in the butter, put these to one side.
- Lay out your pastry triangles. The triangles are quiet large so I actually cut them into smaller triangles. If you want full size croissants just add more apple!
- Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Pop the chopped pecans evenly on the triangles.
- Place an apple slice at the widest end of each triangle. and roll the pastry around the apple.
- Brush the rolls with the left over butter and sprinkle lightly with all spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- One roll of pastry made 12 apple bites.
There was some butter left over so I added brown sugar and made a toffee sauce that could be drizzled over the apple bites! I also added a few pecans in there as well. I struggle to follow recipes to a tee I always have to chuck something in! Also how dam cute are these mini mason jars, every chance I get to add a sauce or a shot I do because they are adorable!
So give them a go. If apples not your deal try out apricots or peaches and if fruits just not you chuck in some chocolate! You only live once!