My chicken, sweet potato and pine nut salad is my absolute favourite and is sure to be a crowd pelaser at your next BBQ!
When Summer rolls around I am in salad heaven! Being Australian a good salad is my game. Also I’m not one to follow a recipe or measurement, I’m more of a bang it in and see how it tastes kinda girl which is basically how a salad rolls, right?
This salad is my absolute favourite go to. Personally because I love everything I generally chuck everything on top but here are the base ingredients!
The base of the salad is-
- spinach -as much as you feel you need! Also if you prefer a different type of lettuce that’s fine, I’m just a spinach girl!
- red onion -again no measurements, I slice this quiet thin.
- sweet potato -cut into cubes and roasted on a flat pan until soft.
- feta cheese -I personally like it cubed, you can crumble it! It’s your salad get creative!
- pine nuts -as many or as little as you like, I love them so I get a little excited!
- balsamic vinegar -again depending on how much you want, I just generally do a little glaze over the top!
If the salad was a side I would leave it at the base ingredients above however if I’m making it as a meal I would add-
- grilled chicken (you can use any meat but we tend to go with chicken!)
The meat and few additions really buff it out!
This salad is so simple to make if your having guests over for a BBQ (you can pre-roast the sweet potato and just re-heat it) and a real crowd pleaser.
Let me know if you try it, I’d love to hear what you think!